Many big data and technical computing environments do not need most of the built-in features or intelligence of traditional block storage systems. Instead, they need very low cost high density high performance storage containers that can be employed with software defined storage, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces.
As all intelligence, including data protection, is built in to the software, software defined storage is architected to run on EBOD (Extended Bunch of Disks) hardware enclosures, drastically lowering the cost of the storage solution. Scaling is accomplished through both “scale-up” (adding more disks to a storage system) and “scale-out” (grouping multiple systems together), resulting in solutions that can grow from terabytes to petabytes, and from gigabits/second to hundreds of gigabytes/second throughput.
RAID, Inc. offers 2U and 4U high density high performance enterprise class EBOD enclosures.
Our concierge approach provides a single point of contact for the entire multi-vendor customized technical computing environment, and delivers personalized service and support. This concierge approach is one of the methods RAID Inc. uses to ensure your long-term success.
- Big Data, Traditional Database Challenges, and HPC posted 3 days ago
- Check out the newest RAID, Inc. blog post about when to use... posted on Twitter 4 days ago
- Why use a high performance file system? RAID, Inc. explains posted 4 days ago
- #BIOit2015 only 8 days away. Come visit @raidinc to see customizable #genomic... posted on Twitter 6 days ago
- RT @hyphaltip: There’s a petabyte of storage ready to go online from... posted on Twitter 10 days ago
- Check out @raidinc Microsoft 2012 R2 Storage Spaces Sample Solutions for use... posted on Twitter 66 days ago
- How To Make the Most of the Exploding Knowledge Base in Bio-IT and Life Sciences posted 69 days ago
- Vet Technical Computing Partners with Our Proven Approach posted 76 days ago
- RAID Inc. Launches New Website posted 102 days ago
- RAID Unveils New Website and Corporate Branding posted 106 days ago
- RAID Marks 20 Years, Officially Becomes Most Experienced Technical Computing Services Provider in the Industry posted 299 days ago
- RAID Inc. Launches Xanadu 460 Storage Array posted 334 days ago
- Raid Inc. Shipping 6TB NL SAS Drives in the 4U 60-bay Ability EBOD posted 370 days ago
- RAID Inc. Releases New White Paper: Storing and Managing Petabytes of Genome Sequencing Data posted 374 days ago