4U 60-Bay Ability Storage Server Solutions
- Intel® Xeon® processor
- 64-bit microprocessor based on the IA-64 core
- Patsburg-A Platform Controller Hub (PCH)
- Four-channel DDR3 memory controller (up to 32 GB/channel)
- Supports four standard 240-pin, 1.5V or 1.35V, 1600MT/s Dual In- line Memory Modules (DIMMS)
- Total memory capacity of 128 GB with Error-Correcting Code (ECC)
- Enclosure management
- BIOS stored in single 64-Mbit SPI flash connected to Patsburg-A PCH
Ability Dual-Node Storage Server Platform
The Ability® storage server is an ultra dense, high performance solution designed for Cloud, Windows Server 2012, various I/O server and ZFS applications. Our high capacity storage servers are fully customisable for a wide range of operating systems and applications.
The server nodes [E5 2600 family] provide advanced capabilities to retrieve data from 60 full-height drives and protect against data loss in the event of power faults using an optional backup battery pack. A nontransparent bus allows bridging of two server nodes for redundancy or computational expansion when running Linux. With a dual slot expansion card, users can use a variety of PCI E cards including RAID SAS and network cards. The onboard SAS controller provides bridging fabric between the processors and the server storage.
Interested? Get in touch with an expert now.
• Data drives: 4U 19” rack-mounted JBOD with 60 SATA 3.0SAS 2.1, each A 3.0 ports for boot drive and cache backup
• Two 44-port SAS expanders attached to SAS 2.0 and SATA disk drives
• Two SAS x4 internal SFF-8087 connectors
• 60 SATA 3.0 / SAS 2.1 ports
• Optional JBOD chassis expansion via daisy-chain connections using either the internal SAS expansion ports or HBAs