4U 84-Bay JBOD – Ability®
- Massive high density enclosure with 84-bays for end-to-end next gen 12Gb/s SAS performance tuned for software-defined storage mixed use of HDD / SSD
- Supports 3.5” HDDs, 2.5” SAS/SSDs
- Dual 12 Gb SAS I/O modules for redundant failover multiple Drive partitioning/split-bus zoning modes
- Ten 12Gb/sec SAS 3.0 host ports – 5 per I/O Module
- Hot-plug I/O modules and dual redundant high efficiency power/cooling (APC) modules
- SAS point-to-point connectivity isolates drive failures, increasing reliability and fault tolerance, and improving performance
The newest generation of our Ability 4U 84-Bay JBOD with HGST 10TB offers drives capable of storing up to 840TB of raw storage capacity. This popular data storage solution starts at $25,000.
Standalone JBOD + Expansion for GPFS, Lustre and More
Besides functioning as a standalone external Direct Attached Storage (DAS) JBOD for standard serial attached SCSI (SAS) host connects, this EBOD is Certified for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Storage Spaces and compatible with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 while primed to make an impact in Software-Defined Storage Infrastructures for other storage applications like ZFS, Luster/ZFS, Custom GPFS Solutions, Open Cloud OpenStack, High Density Storage Archiving, Cloud Backup / Data Replication and Video Streaming or Surveillance.
Interested? Get in touch with an expert now.
With up to 84 3.5″ 7.2k SAS/SATA Hard Disk Drives (HDD) or combined with 2.5″ 10k SAS SSD per 4U enclosure, this industry-unique JBOD can be used for drive tiering between SSD SAS or SATA and HDD which can be zoned up to four different DAS hosts or four different zones for performance or security. This JBOD data storage solution comes standard with dual I/O Modules each with 5 host ports for a total of  12Gb/s SAS ports for extreme performance and high availability applications, capable of handling over 32GB/s.
The 4U 84-Bay Ultra-Dense 12Gb/s SAS/SATA Ability EBOD, short for enterprise-class JBOD, data storage solution enables massive data capacity applications, at a price/performance point per Gigabyte (GB) that meets your fast-moving business requirements.