ARI-300 Storage Array
- Advanced Virtualization Hybrid Features of the ARI Series
- Sustain performance of 5GB/s Write, 7GB/s Read in GPFS & Lustre
- Proven 99.999% uptime
- Automatic Drive Tiering (optional)
- Rapid Drive Rebuilds
- Drive Spin-Down
- Virtual Disk Pools = faster performance
- SSD Flash Cache
- VolumeCopy, Snapshot & Remote Replication (optional)
- Thin Provisioning
- Max Drive Support: 248 HDD SSD NLSAS
- SED support
- Host options:
(8) 16 GB FC
(8) 12 GB SAS
(8) 10 GB iSCSI
- Rugged chassis:
NEBS Level 3 Compliant
MIL STD 810 Compliant
- Degraded Disk Detection
- Disk Background Scrub
- Automated Provisioning Tool
- Battery free cache backup
New Demo Videos! Watch our three part series now.
The ARI-300 storage array series is designed for use in all types of parallel file systems where the performance of multiple high density arrays can be parallelized to meet the high performance requirements of any application.
There are 2 versions of the ARI-300. A 2U 48 Bay and a 4U 56 bay. Each storage solution can sustain performance of 5GB/s reads and 7GB/s on writes in most parallel file systems (GPFS, Lustre, etc.) and is ideal for any high performance computing, big data or cloud application.
Enhanced SAN Performance
The storage systems leverage patented Cache technology that instantly and simultaneously mirrors cache between RAID controllers, leading to significant performance improvements over traditional implementations.
Virtual Disk Pools
Virtual Disk Pools decouples the LUN from being restricted to a single VDisk. A Volume’s data on a given LUN can now expand across all disk drives in a pool. When capacity is added to a system, the user is also getting a performance benefit of the additional spindles. Additionally this capability provides seamless capacity expansion; data automatically reflows to new drives and IOPs scales with additional storage.
Rapid Drive Rebuilds
Rebuild of conventional (Linear) storage requires that the entire VDisk is rebuilt prior to returning the VDisk (and thus the Volumes on the VDisk) to a fault tolerant state. The rebuild operates at the VDisk level and has no knowledge of Volumes or customer data contained therein.
- Easy to set up Configuration.
- Installation Wizards simplify management.
- No routine battery maintenance.
- Modular field replaceable power supplies, fans, and controller.
- No cache battery with patented supercapacitors and flash technology.
Advantages of Quick Rebuild
- LUNs are spread across many RAID sets. So one RAID set rebuilding only affects a fraction of all disk I/Os.
- Less rebuild work to do – so affected disks can return to full performance quickly.
- Volumes become fault tolerant more quickly – user data is restored to full protection more quickly.
- The rate of a RAID rebuild is directly proportional to the amount of unused disk space in a Virtual Disk Pool.
SAN Storage Made Easy with Centralized Management Interface
ARI Storage Arrays are easy to configure and manage with our intuitive web based interface, which provides storage setup and monitoring without the need for host-based software. Our GUI saves time with configuration and installation wizards, and schedulers.
Eco-Friendly Hybrid Storage – Battery Free Cache Backup: Utilizing Echo Friendly technology, these systems have completely eliminated cache batteries, using instead super capacitors and flash memory to provide infinite cache backup during a power loss, while being environmentally friendly
Self Encrypting Drives
Need additional data security on your drives? RAID offers self encrypting drive (SED) capability that protects your data when removed from their original array. Available in 1.2TB small form factor (2.5”) or 4 TB large form factor (3.5”), these SED drives provide instant data destruction via cryptographic erase. In normal use, you do not need to maintain authentication keys (otherwise known as credentials or passwords) in order to access the drive’s data. The SED will encrypt data being written to the drive and decrypt data being read from it, all without requiring an authentication key from the owner. When it’s time to retire or repurpose the drive, the owner sends a command to the drive to perform a cryptographic erase. Cryptographic erase simply replaces the encryption key inside the encrypted drive, making it impossible to ever decrypt the data encrypted with the deleted key.
RAID Inc.’s ARI series offer an innovative and comprehensive view of storage management — store, backup and restore instantly. Equipped with remote replication software, these systems provide the easiest array-to-array remote replication solution on the market today, enabling disaster recovery protection and business continuity with support for up to 1000 snapshots per storage array. By providing centralized, array-level replication, Remote Replication offloads backup operations from critical application servers, and aids IT managers in complying with regulations such as the HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley acts. With Remote replication software and VMware’s Site Recovery Manager, you can implement a complete site failover solution.
The ARI-303 series data protection and disaster recovery solution has optional licensing of SnapShot and VolumeCopy data protection software. With up to 1000 snapshots capability, the ARI-303 series offer necessary protection for business critical applications such as email, databases, and file sharing. ARI-303 series instantly takes volume snapshots, creating point-in-time backups that can be used to instantly restore your data after a system failure. In addition, VolumeCopy protects against disk failures.
Rugged Hybrid Storage Solutions
The ARI-300 series ensure that there is no “single point of failure,” and automatic failover mechanisms facilitate the highest levels of data protection, service levels and disaster recovery. All chassis are interchangeable and the ARI-303 rugged chassis design makes this an ideal hybrid storage array for most mobile applications with NEBS level 3 and MIL-STD 810g compliance.
Spin Down Technology
The ARI-300 Models also features energy-saving drive spin-down. With the addition of drive spin-down, mixed drive type support and dual protocol interfaces, users can now combine both high performance primary volumes and secondary storage with different performance and energy usage profiles in the same physical unit.
This technology overcomes the two major limitations found in most tiered storage systems today by (1) automating the migration of data in (2) real-time. The system virtualizes both the SSDs and HDDs at the sub-LUN level using 4 MB pages distributed across multiple RAID sets. Intelligent Tiering algorithms then continuously monitor I/O access patterns and automatically move Hot Data to the SSDs to maximize I/O operations and, therefore, improve performance of the aggregate application workload. Tiering utilizes three separate processes, all of which operate in an autonomic manner in real-time, including:
- Scoring to maintain a current page ranking on each and every I/O using an efficient process that adds less than one microsecond of overhead. The algorithm takes into account both the frequency and recency of access. For example, a page that has been accessed 5 times in the last 100 seconds would get a high score.
- Scanning for all high-scoring pages occurs every 5 seconds, utilizing less than 1.0% of the system’s CPU. Those pages with the highest scores then become candidates for promotion to the higher-performing SSD tier.
- Sorting is the process that actually moves or migrates the pages: high scoring pages from HDD to SSD; low scoring pages from SDD back to HDD. Less than 80 MB of data are moved during any 5 second sort to have minimal impact on overall system performance.
The increase in the volume and velocity of data can cause storage costs to exceed available budgets without some prudent provisioning. With thin-provisioning capability, IT managers can dedicate available storage space to volumes only when actually needed and add storage capacity transparently to any application, also as needed. This approach enables organizations to minimize capital expenditures initially and scale capacity
Other features: Degraded Disk Detection, Automated Provisioning Tool, Disk Background Scrub, SSD Flash Cache